We purchases a sofa and love seat June 16, 2015 at Tucker Furniture in Wilson NC. We had been looking for a while and liked this set.

The salesman assured us that it would be durable even though it wasn't 100% leather. It is only my husband and myself so it gets minimal use. The fabric is peeling off of the headrest area and the arm rest where my husband sits. It looks awful, so it dose not matter what the rest of the set looks like.

Plus in a short period of time I expect the same thing to happen on other areas. It is embarrassing to have guests and have furniture that looks like this. It is not very good advertisement for your company either. The fact that the company advertises that it's made in America only makes it worse.

I had a false security that the quality was going to be much better and even said that to the salesman. The furniture company did not help because we didn't get the extended warranty. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect furniture to last longer than this and to still look good. We usually don't get extended warranties in order to save the money.

Plus, we take care of everything we have so it's usually not necessary and shouldn't be. We are extremely disappointed in this purchase!

Product or Service Mentioned: Southern Motion Furniture Avalon Faux Leather Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: I have only delt with the store i purchased from.

I didn't like: Inferior quality for the price.

• Peeling Vinyl

Comments

sandralynndavis

Ugh, another victim of “bonded” leather. That *** should be illegal.

The salesman lied to you. This is a known issue with bonded leather.

I would go back to that store and have words with them. Southern Motion builds whatever is ordered.

Get 100% leather or fabric, nothing in between. I bought a full 3 piece set with the top grain leather and it has held up excellent after several years.

to Anonymous #1605559

Actually, the mills that produced bonded leather are to blame, not the salesperson. Notice I said produced.

This product has been almost completely phased out of the industry over the last two years. And yes, this is a known problem, but it wasn't known at the time that most of the people complaining made their purchase. It usually takes about four or five years for the bonded leather to start to separate from the backing. Unfortunately, the mills told the manufacturers it was a great product.

The manufacturers subsequently told the furniture stores that is was a great product. The salesperson was simply giving the best information that was available at the time.