Derby, Kansas
100% full Not resolved

We bought two leather power recliners and the top layer of the fabric is peeling off. We are so disappointed! We love the comfort and the power part of the chairs but they look awful. It is just my husband and my self, we take very good care of our furniture. What is bonded leather? I don't believe they represented the material correctly, is it leather? What is the warranty on these chairs? No one wants to correct this issue or address the problem. We are obviously not the only consumer with this issue or concern. I would not recommend these ever again!!

Related: Southern Motion Furniture Recliner Review from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Review about: Poor Quality Furniture.

I didn't like: Cracking, Wear, Junk manufacturing of this product or others, Material used on the furniture, Poor quality.

1.3
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1100
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

The person at the furniture store misled you and did not fully inform you of the potential problems with bonded leather.It's only about 17% leather that's ground up and mixed with other stuff like vinyl and then spread thinly over a backing material.

Over time the top layer breaks down and comes off the backing. Being two different materials, they don't flex and bend well together. Bonded leather has this issue with all furniture manufacturers and it's been an issue for a long time. Furniture stores continue to push it as a great alternative to real leather.

There's really no comparison. I'm convinced that the only way there is a reasonable incentive to keep pushing this material on customers is it must have a big markup. Salesmen lie to customers about the material. Southern Motion just covers the furniture in the material that's been requested.

I would blame the furniture store for not fully informing you of the possible problems.This isn't a new problem.