Sarasota, Florida
1K views 2 comments

We also have the same problem.Purchased from Hudson Furniture in Sarasota on 10/29/11.

Didn't move in to the home until June of 2012. Two years later with very little use, with out children and a dog, that doesn't get on the furniture, the electric recliner looks terrible. This is the first piece of furniture we bought in 35 years that didn't last or live up to any of it's claims. We also purchased the protection plan but was told "thats wear and its not covered".

We will never buy from Hudsons in Sarasota again nor will we ever recommend or purchase anything from Southern Motion Furniture again. One of the biggest reason we bought this was it was made her in the US.

How disappointing is that.We filled this home with new furniture when we bought it and this is the only problem we have.

Review about: Southern Motion Furniture Recliner.

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

Ralman
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #835746

This is bonded leather not real leather

to Ralman #856567

Exactly.People don't understand what bonded leather is.

Ground up and mixed with plastic and vinyl, only 15-20% leather. Spread on a backing material. Real leather doesn't flake and peal. And yes, real leather will cost more than the bonded junk.

I honestly think they should quit using the stuff.

People don't think to research it and get stuck in this situation.