Purchased Southern Motion brand - triple reclining sofa (with 2 power ends), love seat, and recliner from Wolf's in 10-2013. Within the first month the seam on the seat of the single rocker recliner split apart. It wasn't like the seam tore open at the sew line, it was like the fabric was cut too short to begin with and the hole appeared after a few days of sitting on it from general fabric movement. Wolf's sent someone to repair it only to find out that what I stated was true. Indeed it needed replaced because there was no fabric there to repair it with. 8 weeks later the new one arrived.
Within 2 months of receiving that one, the seam on the arm pillow started coming apart. I phoned about it and since we purchased the extra protection and guardsman coverage they stated I should call them. Guess what's not covered under Guardsman? Seam tears or general manufacture defects. I phoned Wolfs and they send their own repair person out since it was still under the 1 yr period. They sewed it on the spot with general needle and thread. (I could have done that myself) But it was fixed, and acceptable enough. It was approximately 6 in long, they left the old brown thread hanging and stitched over it with the red. (you can see both in the photo) You can also see the white spots where there is holes in the fabric under the arm. There are several spots like this on ALL of the furniture pieces, as well as thread end that weren't trimmed off.
Next issue is the middle section of the sofa seam pulling apart. That is the least used section/piece of all of the furniture. (see photo). It's now past the one year warranty and there is already other visible fabric wearing on the seam areas. I will never purchase Southern Motion Furniture again! $3,500.00 and it's in worse condition that the 15 year old furniture we replaced. Beyond frustrated.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Reclining Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Terrible quality, where is the consumer action lawsuit? ..."
- "Bought a Southern Motion couch and chair from Art Van Furniture in Taylor, MI. Literally within the first two weeks we noticed wear in the fabric, we were..."
- "I purchased the double reclining sofa in bonded leather in 2012. The leather started peeling last year, 3 years into it. The sofa gets little use, no children..."
- "Just wanted everyone that reads Jenna Hills Lies to see the pictures of the bridal bouquet package that she ordered and is trying to tell you that was crappy. If..."
- "I bought the 18 piece Low So Tweet (#13453063) Flannel Jelly by The Land of Whimzie. I realize that the customer needs to trim some of them but I had..."
- "I ordered a camera online from American Camera. Received a voice mail later in the day. Gentelman stated the battery did not come with the camera! I comes with the..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."