Southern Motion Furniture - Major seam issues with several pieces in 792 series.
Purchased Southern Motion brand - triple reclining sofa (with 2 power ends), love seat, and recliner from Wolf's in 10-2013. Within the first month the seam on the seat of the single rocker recliner split apart. It wasn't like the seam tore open at the sew line, it was like the fabric was cut too short to begin with and the hole appeared after a few days of sitting on it from general fabric movement. Wolf's sent someone to repair it only to find out that what I stated was true. Indeed it needed replaced because there was no fabric there to repair it with. 8 weeks later the new one arrived.
Within 2 months of receiving that one, the seam on the arm pillow started coming apart. I phoned about it and since we purchased the extra protection and guardsman coverage they stated I should call them. Guess what's not covered under Guardsman? Seam tears or general manufacture defects. I phoned Wolfs and they send their own repair person out since it was still under the 1 yr period. They sewed it on the spot with general needle and thread. (I could have done that myself) But it was fixed, and acceptable enough. It was approximately 6 in long, they left the old brown thread hanging and stitched over it with the red. (you can see both in the photo) You can also see the white spots where there is holes in the fabric under the arm. There are several spots like this on ALL of the furniture pieces, as well as thread end that weren't trimmed off.
Next issue is the middle section of the sofa seam pulling apart. That is the least used section/piece of all of the furniture. (see photo). It's now past the one year warranty and there is already other visible fabric wearing on the seam areas. I will never purchase Southern Motion Furniture again! $3,500.00 and it's in worse condition that the 15 year old furniture we replaced. Beyond frustrated.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Reclining Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Bought this sectional in 2010 told it would wear as good as or better than leather. Every part of the sectional has flaking except one panel we had..."
- "We purchased a reclining sofa, love seat and chair from a Southern Motion dealer in Washington State. After 3 years of normal use the bonded leather fabric on the..."
- "Purchase sectional from Sam Levites after Two years sectional start peeling, I have no children in my home. Can't say that the problem. I paid close to two thousand dollars..."
- "I bought the 18 piece Low So Tweet (#13453063) Flannel Jelly by The Land of Whimzie. I realize that the customer needs to trim some of them but I had..."
- "a few bad eggs can not take away years of making brides dreams coe true with flowers........ You Made it all seem so easy! Thank you so much. My daughter loved..."
- "I ordered a camera online from American Camera. Received a voice mail later in the day. Gentelman stated the battery did not come with the camera! I comes with the..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."