Southern Motion Furniture - Major seam issues with several pieces in 792 series.
Purchased Southern Motion brand - triple reclining sofa (with 2 power ends), love seat, and recliner from Wolf's in 10-2013. Within the first month the seam on the seat of the single rocker recliner split apart. It wasn't like the seam tore open at the sew line, it was like the fabric was cut too short to begin with and the hole appeared after a few days of sitting on it from general fabric movement. Wolf's sent someone to repair it only to find out that what I stated was true. Indeed it needed replaced because there was no fabric there to repair it with. 8 weeks later the new one arrived.
Within 2 months of receiving that one, the seam on the arm pillow started coming apart. I phoned about it and since we purchased the extra protection and guardsman coverage they stated I should call them. Guess what's not covered under Guardsman? Seam tears or general manufacture defects. I phoned Wolfs and they send their own repair person out since it was still under the 1 yr period. They sewed it on the spot with general needle and thread. (I could have done that myself) But it was fixed, and acceptable enough. It was approximately 6 in long, they left the old brown thread hanging and stitched over it with the red. (you can see both in the photo) You can also see the white spots where there is holes in the fabric under the arm. There are several spots like this on ALL of the furniture pieces, as well as thread end that weren't trimmed off.
Next issue is the middle section of the sofa seam pulling apart. That is the least used section/piece of all of the furniture. (see photo). It's now past the one year warranty and there is already other visible fabric wearing on the seam areas. I will never purchase Southern Motion Furniture again! $3,500.00 and it's in worse condition that the 15 year old furniture we replaced. Beyond frustrated.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Reclining Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the double reclining sofa in bonded leather in 2012. The leather started peeling last year, 3 years into it. The sofa gets little use, no children..."
- "Purchased this recliner and couch a little over four years ago. First. The store said everything but back and sides were real leather. Not so. Unfortunately store no longer in..."
- "We purchased our sofa and loveseat in what we were told was leather. Within 3 years of purchase, the leather, which we have come to find out is bonded..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "Just wanted everyone that reads Jenna Hills Lies to see the pictures of the bridal bouquet package that she ordered and is trying to tell you that was crappy. If..."
- "I ordered a camera online from American Camera. Received a voice mail later in the day. Gentelman stated the battery did not come with the camera! I comes with the..."
- "I bought the 18 piece Low So Tweet (#13453063) Flannel Jelly by The Land of Whimzie. I realize that the customer needs to trim some of them but I had..."