Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
100% full Not resolved

Purchased this chair and after having it only one year, the arms started peeling.The material is separating from the backing.

It seems as if the material is rotten or very old at the very least a very poor quality. We went with this particular product because it came highly recommended. The store we bought it from said there is nothing they can do except make arm covers out of a different material because they no longer have the material our recliner is made from.

We feel we have been ripped off.Very poor quality, would not recommend this product!

Review about: Southern Motion Furniture Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: We would like to have the chair replaced.

I didn't like: Quality and wearibility.

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

I have contacted Southern Motion on two separate occasions regarding the poor quality of their leather sofa and chair that I purchased. leather is peeling in numerous spots esp in arm area and foot area of recliner. Not happy with the follow up from the store that I purchased from or southern motion.

Don't buy this Junk!

You need to contact the store that you purchased this from and have them contact Southern Motion. If you have had it less than one year then you are covered by the 1 year fabric warranty. If it is over one year as long as you have pictures and serial numbers they will work with you.

The furniture store convinced you to buy an inferior, faulty material.The furniture is good quality, but bonded leather is junk.

Either they knew this and sold it anyway, or they aren't very knowledgeable about furniture. Get either real leather or fabric.

Southern Motion makes the furniture to order- they make what you want and cover it in what you ask for. I've had a full livingroom set covered in top grain 100% leather for a year now and love it. Looks almost like the day we got it.

It seems lots of the furniture stores are claiming they don't have the material anymore.

You should look around and see if it's available on a current model.

I doubt furniture companies go through so many different kinds of material so often.