Southern Motion Furniture - Navy blue vinyl recliner

134 of 232 Southern Motion Furniture reviews

Purchased this chair and after having it only one year, the arms started peeling.The material is separating from the backing.

It seems as if the material is rotten or very old at the very least a very poor quality. We went with this particular product because it came highly recommended. The store we bought it from said there is nothing they can do except make arm covers out of a different material because they no longer have the material our recliner is made from.

We feel we have been ripped off.Very poor quality, would not recommend this product!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Quality and wearibility

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
We would like to have the chair replaced
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Southern Motion Furniture Recliner
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #707446

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Southern Motion Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
134 of 232 Southern Motion Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 06, 2015 #1043992

I have contacted Southern Motion on two separate occasions regarding the poor quality of their leather sofa and chair that I purchased. leather is peeling in numerous spots esp in arm area and foot area of recliner. Not happy with the follow up from the store that I purchased from or southern motion.
Don't buy this Junk!

Sep 30, 2015 #1041049

You need to contact the store that you purchased this from and have them contact Southern Motion. If you have had it less than one year then you are covered by the 1 year fabric warranty. If it is over one year as long as you have pictures and serial numbers they will work with you.

Sep 29, 2015 #1040718

The furniture store convinced you to buy an inferior, faulty material. The furniture is good quality, but bonded leather is junk. Either they knew this and sold it anyway, or they aren't very knowledgeable about furniture. Get either real leather or fabric.
Southern Motion makes the furniture to order- they make what you want and cover it in what you ask for. I've had a full livingroom set covered in top grain 100% leather for a year now and love it. Looks almost like the day we got it.
It seems lots of the furniture stores are claiming they don't have the material anymore. You should look around and see if it's available on a current model. I doubt furniture companies go through so many different kinds of material so often.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Southern Motion Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Southern Motion Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×