Southern Motion Furniture - NOT GOOD.. IT WILL PEEL and CRACK
I purchased a bonded leather reclining sofa and loveseat from this store.The salesman will lie.The label on the furniture describes bonded leather as "both material and seam testing exceed industry standards." It also says it's "the strongest, most durable alternative to traditional leather." I took out the 5 year protection plan, which apparently isn't worth the price of the paper it's printed on.At this point, the leather is chafing, cracking and peeling.
Both pieces of furniture need to be replaced. They are embarrassing to have such shoddy furniture in my home. I've done everything I can to resolve the problem to no avail. I have contacted both Hudson Furniture (which has sent a letter acknowledging Southern Motion furniture both cracking and/or peeling Hudson would like to offer me a partial, one time,, out of warranty cash fair value.
The offer was if I'dlike to keep the junk they would give me $175 to try to get rid of it myself or a whooping $800 but wait they want me to spend at least another $1600 on more junk.yeah right!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of the junk they sell
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Santa Fe Stone Console Sofa And Love Seat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Purchased Southern Motion brand - triple reclining sofa (with 2 power ends), love seat, and recliner from Wolf's in 10-2013. Within the first month the seam on the seat of..."
- "I bought a fabric sectional (power) sofa and a chair & a 1/2 from a local dealer, 11 weeks ago. it's sagging so bad my whole left side of my..."
- "We also have the same problem. Purchased from Hudson Furniture in Sarasota on 10/29/11. Didn't move in to the home until June of 2012. Two years later with very little..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "We bought a recliner sofa with polyurethane microfiber fabric from Furniture Fair in Cincinnati and were told that it would hold up very well. After 5 years of TLC it..."