195 Henry Southern, Pontotoc, MS 38863, USA
1.5
Style and Design

I purchased a bonded leather reclining sofa and loveseat from this store.The salesman will lie.The label on the furniture describes bonded leather as "both material and seam testing exceed industry standards." It also says it's "the strongest, most durable alternative to traditional leather." I took out the 5 year protection plan, which apparently isn't worth the price of the paper it's printed on.At this point, the leather is chafing, cracking and peeling.

Both pieces of furniture need to be replaced. They are embarrassing to have such shoddy furniture in my home. I've done everything I can to resolve the problem to no avail. I have contacted both Hudson Furniture (which has sent a letter acknowledging Southern Motion furniture both cracking and/or peeling Hudson would like to offer me a partial, one time,, out of warranty cash fair value.

The offer was if I'dlike to keep the junk they would give me $175 to try to get rid of it myself or a whooping $800 but wait they want me to spend at least another $1600 on more junk.yeah right!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Quality of the junk they sell.

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

Abbeville, South Carolina, United States #1253399

Bonded leather will cracking and peal, it's just a matter of time.It can happen with any manufacturer that uses it.

Salesmen lie and don't disclose the problem to customers. Must be a huge markup on it.

There have been numerous reports about this problem for many years- feel free to Google it.

My top grain leather 3 piece set has been awesome for years.