Southern Motion Furniture - Peeling after only 2 years
My mother purchased this couch from Cardwell's furniture in Middlesboro KY in 2012.It's made by Southern Motion.
It just recently started peeling at the seams and has gotten worse and worse everytime someone sits on it. She paid close to $2500 for this couch. When I called Cardwell's, they simply told me it wasn't covered by the manufacturers warranty but they'd call the company and "see what they said anyway". Excuse me for being old fashioned, but if you're selling a product, you ought to stand by that product.
Because my mother is living pay check to pay check and to buy something like this was a dream come true, only to find out its a nightmare. I myself have had many couches over the years and I've NEVER had one do this. Ever. Real leather or not.
I will be posting the outcome of this situation.
I can only hope for good news.This is absolutely heartbreaking.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Reclining Leather Sectional
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was very disappointed with the quality of my southern motion furniture, within 6 months there were 2 places where the fabric had pulled apart on my couch and love..."
- "I purchased the double reclining sofa in bonded leather in 2012. The leather started peeling last year, 3 years into it. The sofa gets little use, no children..."
- "Bought a Southern Motion couch and chair from Art Van Furniture in Taylor, MI. Literally within the first two weeks we noticed wear in the fabric, we were..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."