Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1.4K views 1 comment
100% full Not resolved

I bought my couch which is the large curved shaped home theater style, looked great at first within 2 years the fabric which is like a replica leather material.I paid roughly $2,000 for at Colders furniture in Milwaukee area (Delafield, WI).

This couch has become nasty from casual use (no kids) the material/casing has completely worn off (crumbling, shredding and peeling) on one arm rest and most of the seat cushions and back rests. Gets on the floor and makes a big mess :( Plus the cushions have all sank down so poorly now I can feel the wood boards underneath my butt. I'm your avg. size guy 5'11" 185 lbs and my fiance is lucky to weight 100 lbs so it's not like this couch is taking abuse in any way.

Steer clear from this furniture mfr.

unless you want to clean up crumbling leather material and have boards up your butt!

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

It seems you are another unfortunate victim of "bonded leather".I think this stuff should just be thrown out and not offered on furniture.

It's cheap, so people flock to it thinking it's actually leather.

It's only about 15% ground-up leather, mixed with other junk like vinyl.It's unfortunate that companies don't educate customers more before purchasing.