Review about Southern Motion Furniture Reclining Sofa from Hilliard, Ohio

I bought my couches from Southern Motion and after a little over a year they started peeling- now I have to throw them out after only a few years.I contacted the company and of course they will not do anything bc it was over 1 year but if all the couches start peeling after I year (which they should not) They will always argue they are off the hook.

I have bought bonded leather couches before and have never experienced this before. I am sure the material used is defective.

Not only are there hundreds of complaints on the internet but a furniture store in Mississippi is suing the company bc of the defective material.I would like to be part of a class action lawsuit, has anyone heard of one against the company?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Southern Motion Furniture Reclining Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #802565 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Southern Motion Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 27 #1134702

Bonded leather has this issue regardless of manufacturer. Just because it didn't do it on your other furniture doesn't mean anything. I would say you got lucky on the other sets. Research online and you'll see. Bonded leather is junk. Cut corners on you material and you are taking risks. Get real leather and be done, or go with fabric and save some money. I'd take fabric before I purchase bonded leather. Heck, there are less issues with vinyl.

0 0 Reply

Sep 02 #1207267

I have had bonded leather before Made from different manufacturer and did not have any of these issues. Based on your response and the fact that you are sending this comment as "anonymous" leads me to believe that you either work for Southern Motion or sell it and want to mitigate all of the bad reviews against the company.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.