Southern Motion Furniture - Sectional Peeling and Shedding within 3 yrs of purchase

I purchased a sectional from Value City in Columbia SC.Within three years of purchase, the leather started to shed and peel off.

Getting over clothes and making a mess on the floor. I contacted Value City and was told there was nothing they could do. I was giving information and was told I needed to contact Southern Motion on the issue I was having with the sectional peeling and cracking. I am asking for someone to contact me via email or by phone.

I am also in the customer service field and you think there should have been some type of recall on this material.

I have a production date of 12/01/09 and serial number 1473893.I have attached pictures for your review.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 14 #1185220 Saint Paul, Minnesota

WHY don't people understand what BONDED LEATHER really is?! I would never even buy a BIBLE in bonded leather. It's NOT the sofa. It is the material you chose.

Aug 04, 2015 #1015601

That's what can happen with bonded leather. All furniture manufacturers that use it have the same problem. The customer should be better informed before making the decision to buy this stuff. The retailer shouldn't be pushing it so hard. I've nearly gotten into arguments with sales people over this junk because they claim it's just as good as leather and push me to buy it. I walked out of one store because they wouldn't stop the sales pitch even after I said I was only interested in top grain leather.
Search on this website, and you'll see plenty of complaints about other furniture companies too, especially Ashley.

1 0 Reply

Aug 03, 2015 #1015223

same here! Got mine from Farmers Furniture in Barnwell SC. Will never go there again.

Aug 03, 2015 #1015222

I have the same issue with the exact same sofa sectional.. I purchased it from Farmers Furniture in 2011. I am so disappointed and probably not by any Southern Motion Furniture in the future. I wish there was a recall on this furniture! paid close to $2000 for it brand new!
It would be great if someone at Southern Motion Furniture can contact me it there is a recall or a settlement regarding this sectional!
very unhappy customer!
Carroll Price
Barnwell SC

0 1 Reply

Aug 02, 2015 #1014847

What did they do for you when you called to complain about this? I have the same issue with mine after three years too.

Jul 25, 2015 #1011937

this looks like bonded leather,not real leather.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Southern Motion Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Southern Motion Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about