Hemingway, South Carolina

I purchased a sectional from Value City in Columbia SC.Within three years of purchase, the leather started to shed and peel off.

Getting over clothes and making a mess on the floor. I contacted Value City and was told there was nothing they could do. I was giving information and was told I needed to contact Southern Motion on the issue I was having with the sectional peeling and cracking. I am asking for someone to contact me via email or by phone.

I am also in the customer service field and you think there should have been some type of recall on this material.

I have a production date of 12/01/09 and serial number 1473893.I have attached pictures for your review.

Review about: Southern Motion Furniture Sectional.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #1185220

WHY don't people understand what BONDED LEATHER really is?!I would never even buy a BIBLE in bonded leather.

It's NOT the sofa.It is the material you chose.

That's what can happen with bonded leather.All furniture manufacturers that use it have the same problem.

The customer should be better informed before making the decision to buy this stuff. The retailer shouldn't be pushing it so hard.

I've nearly gotten into arguments with sales people over this junk because they claim it's just as good as leather and push me to buy it.I walked out of one store because they wouldn't stop the sales pitch even after I said I was only interested in top grain leather.

Search on this website, and you'll see plenty of complaints about other furniture companies too, especially Ashley.

same here! Got mine from Farmers Furniture in Barnwell SC. Will never go there again.

I have the same issue with the exact same sofa sectional..I purchased it from Farmers Furniture in 2011.

I am so disappointed and probably not by any Southern Motion Furniture in the future.

I wish there was a recall on this furniture!paid close to $2000 for it brand new!

It would be great if someone at Southern Motion Furniture can contact me it there is a recall or a settlement regarding this sectional!

EMAIL: price.carroll@ymail.com

very unhappy customer!

Carroll Price

Barnwell SC

What did they do for you when you called to complain about this? I have the same issue with mine after three years too.

#1011937

this looks like bonded leather,not real leather.