Purchased a whole living room full Southern Motion furniture in their bonded leather, and within three years the so called "bonded leather" started bubbling up from the cushions and then tearing.Neither Southern Motion or the dealer claimed responsibility saying it only had a one year warranty.

Buyer beware, this so called bonded leather looks more like a painted on plastic when it comes apart. 2000$ worth of furniture just slowly rotting away.

I have other furniture in the bonded leather covering from other manufactures that have held up well.I suggest you stay away from anything this company sells in bonded leather if you don't want to waste you money like I did.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of southern motion furniture warranty from Southern Motion Furniture. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Southern Motion Furniture to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Southern Motion Furniture for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

I had the same problem.Bought a beautiful set.The couch and loveseat peeled all over in a years time!!Have been sick about it!!Southern Motion said I had to settle through the retailer.That was not possible.I feel the manufacturer is the one who owes me money or a better quality set.Im totally ......with this company.This is not a company I feel anyone should deal with.

Smyrna, Georgia, United States #1337084

Dealing with same issue on one of their power recliners.I am sick about it!

No money to replace it.Wasted hard earned money!!

Your description of bonded leather is pretty accurate.It is a mixture of plastic/vinyl and less than 20% ground up leather mixed in, then coated on a fabric backing.

All bonded leather material can potentially fail like yours did over time. Search other manufacturers and the bonded leather issues reported against them. Complaints are everywhere. Get real leather or get fabric.

Stay away from bonded leather.