Southern Motion Furniture - Southern motion bonded leather power reclining sofa - 4 years old and the leather is peeling
Update added by user Jun 03
Not resolved and have not heard back from manufacturer.
Update added by user May 13
Details of the sectional are: SMF828-40 in Windsor Rosa. Power recliners.
Original review posted by user May 04
I purchased the double reclining sofa in bonded leather in 2012.The leather started peeling last year, 3 years into it.
The sofa gets little use, no children or pets on it and the leather just started peeling for no apparent reason. It had to be inferior to do that in just 3 short years of almost no use. The extended warranty is useless. I would never purchase another Southern Motion piece of furniture again.
I am going back to Lazy Boy. Might pay more but they last forever.
Shame on you Southern Motion for not standing behind your product.I purchased the set from Wayside in Akron, Ohio and they won't back the furniture either.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- I have only delt with the store i purchased from
- Quality of power recline
What I disliked
- Really bad quality
- Splits at seams
- Poor quality of material
You May Also Like
- "Bought a SoMo recliner in May of 13, had it restuffed under warranty in April 14, now the seam is ripping on seat and it's out of warranty. Art Van..."
- "Bought a 884-28 SOMO sofa that the springs and stuffing shifted in one year so the company replaced it with a different power model a SOMO #884-31 power with "bonded"..."
- "Bought this sectional in 2010 told it would wear as good as or better than leather. Every part of the sectional has flaking except one panel we had..."
- "On 12/04/15 around 7pm till about 7:20 pm. I reported to the shift manager, That the cashier forgot to give me my change back. I knew change was not..."
- "I used cubesmart in Columbus Ohio. The roof leaked. All the way down to the 3rd floor from the 4th! They couldn't care less. The woman at the front desk felt..."
- "Joined BingoHall.ag after seeing an article on Facebook. I will admit that I didn't read the terms and conditions right away. I made a deposit and when it wound down..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."