Southern Motion Furniture - Southern motion bonded leather power reclining sofa - 4 years old and the leather is peeling
Update added by user Jun 03
Not resolved and have not heard back from manufacturer.
Update added by user May 13
Details of the sectional are: SMF828-40 in Windsor Rosa. Power recliners.
Original review posted by user May 04
I purchased the double reclining sofa in bonded leather in 2012.The leather started peeling last year, 3 years into it.
The sofa gets little use, no children or pets on it and the leather just started peeling for no apparent reason. It had to be inferior to do that in just 3 short years of almost no use. The extended warranty is useless. I would never purchase another Southern Motion piece of furniture again.
I am going back to Lazy Boy. Might pay more but they last forever.
Shame on you Southern Motion for not standing behind your product.I purchased the set from Wayside in Akron, Ohio and they won't back the furniture either.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- I have only delt with the store i purchased from
- Quality of power recline
What I disliked
- Really bad quality
- Splits at seams
- Poor quality of material
You May Also Like
- "Bought electric recliner and matching loveseat three years ago, at Kensington Furniture, the faux leather is now peeling on all pieces. I feel furniture should last longer than three years..."
- "I purchased a recliner with headrest, not low priced. The first one the seat formed pouches and I was told it was a comfort whatever and to smooth it up..."
- "I purchased a recline of your from a local furniture store. The chair is broke or not made right. I had it ordered with different color material. The chair is..."
- "I used cubesmart in Columbus Ohio. The roof leaked. All the way down to the 3rd floor from the 4th! They couldn't care less. The woman at the front desk felt..."
- "Joined BingoHall.ag after seeing an article on Facebook. I will admit that I didn't read the terms and conditions right away. I made a deposit and when it wound down..."
- "On 12/04/15 around 7pm till about 7:20 pm. I reported to the shift manager, That the cashier forgot to give me my change back. I knew change was not..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."