Henderson, Kentucky

Bought a 884-28 SOMO sofa that the springs and stuffing shifted in one year so the company replaced it with a different power model a SOMO #884-31 power with "bonded" leather.In two years the headrest started peeling.

The surface layer seperated from the fiber layer. Called and called and was repeatedly ignored by the seller (Sofa City of Evansville, In).

The manager finely came out to investigate and told me that I must have some sort of acid in my body that interacted with the bonded fabric.Result....$1205.00 for something that looks it came from a junk dealer and looks like ***.

Review about: Southern Motion Furniture Power Recliner.

1.6
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

Roswellcover

The below comment "Nothing!!! We talked to the store owner several times." Was a follow-up from complaint # 842129, from "Roswellcover". Sorry that I did it wrong (additionally comment).

Nothing!!!We talked to the store owner several times.

(Sofa City, Evansville IN) One time he said that he would order a "mechanism" for the side that is broken down and the person sits to one side (kind of like sitting in a hole),and that he would order a yard of fabric to make head rest covers for the places that are coming apart. That was 3 months ago and nothing yet. FOLKS, do yourself a favor and stay away from Southern Motion (SOMO) products.

I ask myself HOW can they do this to unsuspecting people???$1205.00 ......

That's a well known issue with bonded leather.The store that sold it to you is either ignorant about furniture or is being completely dishonest with you.

Search for issues with bonded leather and you'll see it's an issue with every furniture company that uses it, yet stores continue to try and convince customers it's the best thing out there.I walked out of a store because I told him I only wanted 100% top grain leather, and he wouldn't stop questioning me on my choice and trying to sell me bonded leather instead, like it was so much better (which is false for so many reasons).