3K views

Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago.After 2 yrs the leather started peeling.

Now the entire sectional is peeling.Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed.

Had an Experience with Southern Motion Furniture?

Comments

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada #1267408

FYI that's not leather that's bonded leather which is basically vinyl

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1181035

Fat people do that to cheap leather. Cut your own hide and use that if you want real leather.

That is Bonded Leather not real 100% leather, Ashley furniture calls some of theirs DuraBlend.

What did you use to clean this it's a bonded leather learn how to take care of something before you go at it with harsh chemical

Brentwood, Tennessee, United States #973691

This is china made. Been in furniture for nearly 16 years and everything is going to china or Mexico so your better off buying 5 gallon buckets to sit on they will last longer and u can re- paint them to match

Orlando, Florida, United States #939423

That's because it is NOT leather but bonded ***!!

Tallahassee, Florida, United States #917413

Good grief!!Where did you buy this??

It doesn't matter if it's not real leather!! This should not happen after 2 years!! You might as well have thrown your $1800.00 down the toilet!!

I have friends that have bought bonded leather living room sets and they are still beautiful after 7-8 years!!That really sucks : (!

Sorry, but that isn't leather.Leather doesn't peal and flake off, it's a solid piece of skin (with the exception of maybe a protective coating applied to the leather).

What you likely have is bonded leather, which is only about 17% ground up leather that's mixed with plastics and dies and painted onto a cloth backing.Eventually it begins to break down and seperate from the backing.

How many cows have you seen with their skin peeling and flaking off?

to Scott #989771

The problem is that stores don't tell you it's not real leather. They, in fact, claim that it is. So unless you're a furniture expert, you will get swindled every time.

to Anonymous #1029586

Not so.I did lots of research before purchasing my top grain leather furniture by Southern Motion.

Granted, many salesmen tried to push the bonded leather, but I had read enough issues that I wasn't going to risk it. I did have to walk out of one store because he wouldn't stop pushing bonded leather after I told him it was top grain leather only that I was interested in.

They do try to convince you that bonded is just as good, but it isn't.And it isn't Southern Motions fault- it's the store that sold it to you.