I bought a recliner made by Southern Motion at Steinhafel's. After a few months I noticed several areas seams were coming apart.

I called Steinhafel's to have it repaired. Before the repairman came out I noticed that the chair had been constructed very shabbily. The right arm (while sitting in it) was not even with the left arm. The seat on the right side was down further than the left.

The padding in the right arm was under-padded, while the left side was not padded evenly. If I wanted a chair this poorly manufactured I would have bought one for $250.00 from a Mom/Pop store in the uptown area of our town (Rather than almost $600)! I complained to the repairman the 2nd time he had to come out to re-sew part of the chair, put extra padding under the seat and TRY to pull the right side closer to the edge of the arm, and he stated that I had the chair for more than 30 days, and I could not get a replacement. The chair is visibly mis-matched!

I wouldn't want one from Southern Motion anyway, I am afraid I would have the same problem. I cannot believe there is no pride in workmanship anymore! I definitely will not shop at Steinhafels again either! Wow!

Do you not have quality control people to check these pieces of furniture before they are packaged up and sent out? Guess I made a (almost) $600.00 mistake!

Product or Service Mentioned: Southern Motion Furniture Recliner.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Construction of chair.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 16, 2015.

Comments

Doesn't it seem obvious to all 120 or so complaints, 121 including me, that Southern Motion needs to have their pants sued off them in a class action?

Fairfield, Illinois, United States #992331

I purchased a electric reclining chair from the store in Nashville il cost me 800.00 received it about thanksgiving of 14 in dec I called and got into it with manager of store because it looked like it was 10 years old foot doesn't go down like it should makes a popping noise when it does they were supposed to come and put new seat in it and I have never seen them next I'm calling manufacturer mang. Said he would not replace it or give me my money back.

So I'm stuck with a crappy.

Chair!!!!!!