Southern Motion Furniture - Worst leather quality I've ever seen.
When we saw the card attached that said Made in the USA, we were sold.The electric love seat was just what we were looking for.
When it was delivered, it sets in front of a large window that has an awning over it so the sun never has shown on the loveseat. We are both in our 80's and have our favorite leather chairs, so unless we had company the loveseat wasn't sat in. After the warranty of 1 year was up, we started noticing flaking and peeling of the leather arms. It has continued on with front and back seams showing also.
We had hoped this would last us the rest of our lives, but as heavy as it is, it will need to be replaced now with no warranty. After reading other reviews we realize that we aren't the only ones with the same problem. To continue to use the same material, knowing the problem, is criminal and reimbursement should be offered the victims of this scam, using the USA connection to indorse their product. It is an insult to the American companies that try to create something of quality to be proud of.
We are very angry that, along with many others we were taken advantage of. Photos are included with this consumer complaint, and with a warranty that is useless. We would like to hear back from the company with some kind of reimbursement if for nothing less than the stress and exploiting we have had to go through.
Try explaining this to visiting friends that need a place to sit.Walt and Lois Henson
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Peeling leather
- Extremely poor workmanship
- Very bad quality - does not hold up
- Junk manufacturing of this product or others
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a recline of your from a local furniture store. The chair is broke or not made right. I had it ordered with different color material. The chair is..."
- "I purchased a recliner at Art Van Furniture. It was sold to me as leather. I only use the chair 6 mos. out of a year as I..."
- "Bought a reclining love seat 4 yrs ago from a store now out of business. It has been rarely used and is peeling all over arms, back, headrests and..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."